Monday, September 7, 2009

Tucson Tarot Class!

Morgana Dragonfly was my Tarot teacher. I took her class twice, and if I still lived in Tucson, I'd probably ask if I could take it again.  The first time I took it, I signed up for the beginner class. The second time I took it, she suggested that I take the intermediate class, but I had switched to a new deck and wanted to "start from scratch."  At this point, I'd take any class that she felt I was prepared for.

Morgana has another class started up in October. The class starts October 7. Here's more information.

Morgana's class style was relaxed and helpful. I was upset at first because she requested that we not read the booklet that came with our Tarot cards until after we had completed the class. It was very for me to not read what the "authority" who had designed the cards said they meant. I have always been a read-ahead type of student, and I was told not to do that!

It turned out that Morgana's request was beneficial to me. When I use my cards, I connect more strongly with the cards that I found the meanings for instead of being told or hinted at their meanings. That doesn't mean Morgana just had us find all our own meanings for the cards. We started off discussing general themes (what are cups, what do aces mean, etc.), and then we "jumped off" from there.

The only negative consequence to this learning style was that I misplaced the booklet that came with my deck, and now I wish I had been more careful about it. That is not something I can blame Morgana for, though! I am currently working with a Mary Greer book at Morgana's suggestion. I plan to get more of Mary Greer's books in the future.  If you have any other book suggestions for future development, please feel free to leave them in the comments.

Morgana offers more then just classes.  She does readings professionally, apparently she even does them for parties.  I've also attended two of her divination workshops that she did at Bookmans as part of TAWN's education series a few years ago.

If you're looking for someone to give you a reading, or someone to take a class with, and you plan to be in the Tucson area, check out Morgana Dragonfly's webpage!

No comments: